Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, March 12, 2011

In Case There Ever Was a Doubt



This past week at school has been a rough one.  I won't go into the details, but the week before a break is always hard, because pressure is on to get averages ready, kids are restless, and parents suddenly become very concerned about grades.  Anyway, this past week was even harder for me because I am trying to prepare to be out most of 4th term.  But, my precious 10th grade students reminded me why I love my job and why I love teaching at Murrah.  Here are some pics from the two showers they threw me.  (And I have one to go the week we get back from Spring Break.)

2nd Block in all our glory- they made me sit in that chair.  

Lovely ladies of 2nd Block and token white boy in back (with whom I discuss on a weekly basis the need for a hair trim.)
Aren't my kids so cute?

I told them no gifts, but a few went right on and did not follow directions.  They said they had fun picking out baby stuff.  

This is 1st Block- they brought me to tears.  Before we ate, the "class mamas"- some of the more type A girls who organized the shower- made us all gather around the food and hold hands and pray (I know, I could probably get fired but this is Mississippi).  They prayed that my babies would get here safely and that I would be a good mom.  And they prayed that I would come back soon because they would miss me.  I mean, really?  And people still ask me why I teach at "a school like Murrah."  Really?




1 comment:

  1. LB shared your blog with me. Fun stuff. My kids did that for me when I worked at Lester. Hope you got your gift I left in your mailbox!

    ReplyDelete