It has been a mad month as we get closer and closer to the arrival of the twins. Even though I am not due until April, the chance of them coming early is so great that everyone (including my mom and sister) is getting nervous...me especially. Of course that is my way. I'm a worrier. But, significant progress has been made in the kitchen, as in it is really almost done. I have said that for weeks now, but this time it is true. So, with the kitchen in its last stages of transformation, Nate turned his attention to the nursery. And, this being an old fixer upper of a dwelling, we have work to do in that room. Only by "we" I really mean everyone else, because I am now carrying a lot of weight around (two, two pound babies....can ya'll even imagine what this time next month will be like...good grief). As always, my mom and sister came to the rescue and the two of them spent ALL DAY yesterday painting the room while Nate stripped the trim (a whole other issue). I waddled around keeping Caroline happy, watching them, and falling asleep. I mean, really? But then last night I got to show off everyone's hard work when all my high school friends (except Kristi- whom we really missed) came over to make pizzas and play Dominos. In the midst of all of this fun work was Mom's birthday and today is my birthday. Wow.
 |
| Subway goes up. |
 |
| Is it wrong to be so proud of organized spices and herbs??? |
 |
| They have NO idea what is coming, do they? |
 |
| Yep- 26 weeks and growing everyday. |
 |
| Nana's birthday dinner. |
 |
| The painting of the nursery. So, of course, it cannot be as simple as just painting the room. All the trim had to come down so Nate could strip it and repaint. Love these old houses! |

 |
| This is the prettiest room in the whole house, though: it is huge, with a whole wall of built-in shelves, two big closets (one of which holds all my dresses...hmmm...this poses a problem), hard wood floors, and nine-foot windows in the front as well as the two big ones on the side. |
 |
| Whit "babysat" Caroline while we worked. |
 |
| Breaking in the new kitchen. Making pizzas. |
 |
| Yey- Peyton is home. |
 |
| Okay- so with the exception of the missing cabinet doors under the sink and on all the upper cabinets to the left, this is it. |
 |
| This window still has to be repaired and painted, but that has been on hold until nursery is done. |
Wow Sarah! It looks lovely. You must be soooo happy everytime you go in. Love the nursery color. Can't wait to see you <3
ReplyDelete