We are so close to having this kitchen in full functioning mode: countertops are in, cabinets are hung, lights are installed, appliances are up and going, and the backsplash is in progress. There are, of course, a ton of little things that have to be done: painting touch ups all over the place, hardware on the doors and drawers, windows over sink need to be replaced... but at least the doors and drawers are here. So my favorite element thus far is the fabulous farmhouse sink from Ikea that looks like it cost a crap ton more than it actually cost (actual cost was like 130 bucks, I think). I also LOVE the countertops, and of coure the fact that every drawer and cabinet was built by Nate with a specific purpose is pretty incredible, too. Nate and I both already love our new kitchen and think it reflects our style: funky and functional. Can you even believe Nate has done all this pretty much on his own? Wait till you guys see his "prep" area once it is finished (that is the butcher block area). And he still has two big pieces to build that will go on either side of the door: one as a pantry and the other a utility, storage area. They will not be painted white but will be stained a dark mahogany to create some contrast. Okay, enough details...I've bored myself.
I am great; the twins are growing every day, literally. Griffin and Eleanor are moving around like crazy; I got feet and elbows and hands knocking me in just about every spot of my big ole belly. I'll get Nate or Leahbeth to take an updated profile pic this weekend so ya'll can see how much I've grown. It's crazy. And like three months to go...hopefully!
Now for kitchen pics:
 |
| Modern light fixtures also from Ikea. |
 |
| Nate's prep area. (I suppose I'll be using this area, too. But this is his vision. His knives will hang on the wall, and we will also keep our compost pail and coffe pot on this butcher block.) |
 |
| These cabinets will have doors. The one with the built-in shelves is the custom built spice rack. More pics to come when Nate finishes this piece. It's been a booger bear. |
 |
| My farmhouse sink. |
 |
| Nate really wanted a TV in the kitchen, so I reluctantly agreed with the promise it would never take the place of Saturday morning NPR while making breakfast. The side of this piece will be either chalkboard or bulletin board. I can't decide. |
I vote chalkboard. Everything looks awesome!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete