Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Drumroll please...the dresser has arrived!

April 26, 2011, is the official date that Ellie and Griffin will finally get here.  I am scheduled to have a C-section at 9:00 that morning and am so nervous and ready.  We have all been working to finish getting ready for their arrival.  Nate has been working especially hard to finish their dresser and man, he outdid himself.  It is BEAUTIFUL.  Here it is, just to show off how talented my husband is-
Augh- I am almost 36 weeks, guys.  I can no longer see my actual ankles...

Nate and I discussed the style and look we wanted for the piece, then Nate designed this dresser.  He, with guidance from his friend Jesse, built the piece.  I love that it has modern, straight lines and that it is two toned.  So beautiful.  Thank you, Nate!  He made that?  Wow. 

We like to let Caroline test out all the twins' gear first!  

As a side note, the lamp actually came from my grandmother.  She had two of them.   I thought they would be kind of cool and quirky with the right shade.  It is hard to see from this picture but they are glass and came from Europe, I think my mom said.  Anyway, I love how this nursery is full of items that have been passed down or created for the twins.  Not the typical nursery, I know (I mean I am sure there are those who question Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton in a nursery) but why not?  They rock and so will the twins.  


Now the nursery is pretty much ready.  Clothes have ben washed and sorted, diapers are stocked (for now), and Serenity brought us a bunch of swings and bouncers and other baby things we didn't want to have to buy.  With the help of mom and Leahbeth, I think we are about as prepped as we can be.  And, thank heavens, the rocker just arrived this morning.  So, I just might be able to make it another seven days.  Here are some nursery pics.
"Copy" and "Paste" onesies by Sunday Rookery (check out their Etsy page-awesome stuff)

Still waiting on the custom piece of art that will go over the cribs.  I am anxious to see how it turns out.  


Caroline loves Sophie the giraffe. 


This is the arbor that Nate and I were married under.  It is right outside the nursery window, and this year...finally,,,the roses that we planted about two years ago are blooming away!  Just in time to welcome the twins home.   
Ever evolving shelves...we are getting there.    

Well, I better get back to grading.  I am trying to finish up the last of my grading before they get here and then I am signing off from all school related issues until late May.  Fingers crossed I make it until the 26th.

2 comments:

  1. You AND the nursery look AMAZING! I can't believe they will be here in six days. Hang in there, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four days and counting. Four days! Four days. Wow. Every night I wonder if you're laying around or having some babies. The nursery (including shelves) looks fabulous. Yay Nate- is there anything he can't do? Can't wait to meet those babies! LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete